Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gabby and Roofus and Hope…oh my!

Thanks to Gabby, the tri-pawed 10 lb. Sheltie, there’s never a dull moment at Hope Marchbank’s home in Michigan.

Gabby, who is also deaf, apparently barks at everything she sees outside, so Hope always knows if the Sandhill Cranes are in the area or if someone has come by for a visit.

I love this picture of Gabby on guard at the door – looks like a bed made for a princess.

And then there’s Roofus, the little kitty Hope rescued from…you guessed it…the roof!


Don’t you just love his face?

Hope was telling me about the book
“Mutts Shelter Stories : Love. Guaranteed.”

The book is by Patrick McDonnell, creator of the Mutts comic strip. She was very enthusiastic about the book…so much so that a few days later a copy was waiting for me in my mailbox, courtesy of Hope!

This book is delightful, and I highly recommend it. You can learn more about "Mutts Shelter Stories: Love. Guaranteed." at Amazon.com.


Thank you, Hope, for your kindness. I knew that any critter who came your way would be fortunate indeed, but now I see that good fortune extends to us two-legged creatures as well.


Cheers,
Chris

No comments: