Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When packing for a trip, never forget your dog

This was Beezer.

She was not happy when her person had to take an overseas trip, so she decided to make her feelings known by climbing into the suitcase when "mom" returned.

Beezer was the beloved dog of Terri Foley. Terri sent me this picture and told me the following story about Beezer:

A friend gave me your book when my beloved Beezer passed. I was having a very hard time accepting her passing. I miss her so, my heart is so empty. We did everything together.

After she passed I felt guilty that I didn't feel the same type of connection with my other dogs as for Beezie. I love them very much, they are spoiled, they are very well taken care of, but it wasn't the same. Then Robbie gave me your book and it has helped me understand that while I will bring other dogs into my life and love and care for them, Beezie is my forever dog.

When Beezer was 11 she was in a terrible car accident. The emergency veterinarian said there was nothing that could be done for her, but this miracle dog had other plans. She not only survived, she lived to the age of 15 – long enough to complete a personal mission that would impact the lives of some people very close to her.

Beezer will always live on in Terri’s heart. As for me…I don’t think I’ll ever look at a suitcase again without seeing beautiful Beezer curled up inside it.


Happy travels, sweetie.

Chris

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh sweet Beezer! I love the photo in the suitcase!

Chris Davis said...

I agree, Tammy - this is a wonderful photo!