Saturday, January 02, 2010

A Happy New Year for the Dog Shelter

I couldn’t wait! I woke up on New Year’s Day 2010, knowing I’d be participating once again in the annual Mt. Crumpit Run for the Clackamas County Dog Shelter.

Just as in the past few years, car after car pulled up at the drop off site with beds, food, treats and other necessities.


The dogs had been moved this year to their new facility, which I hope to visit very soon. However, many people brought their own pooches, so needless to say I got my doggie fix!

The Mt. Crumpit Run is a perfect example of what can happen when really good people come together to do something extraordinary for animals in need.


That’s exactly what happened when Sunni Liston (green hat in front) of Dogpatch Resort and Joni Taylor (Santa hat in back) Executive Director of FIDO put their heads together.

It was magic!

I'm already looking forward to next year's event. I suspect Rosie the Basset Hound is, too, considering how much she's enjoying those Milkbones!

If you're looking to bring a special critter into your heart and home, I hope you'll visit your nearest animal shelter.


Who knows - your new best friend may already be there, waiting for you.

Happy New Year!

Chris Davis
Lighthearted Press

No comments: