Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Pet Loss Comfort

It’s been about a year since I added the Pet Loss Comfort section to my website. Since then, many people have gotten in touch to tell me how visiting those pages brought them a little comfort as they coped with the heartbreaking loss of one of their critters.

Any animal lover understands those feeling of loss. They are deep, and they are real. And although time may soften the edges of the pain, and warm memories may begin to take the place of the tears that come from saying goodbye, it's still easy to find yourself back in that moment when your world fell apart as a beloved animal friend left your life.

It’s been almost 3 ½ years since I lost Jake. Not a day goes by without my thinking of him, wishing I could hold that beautiful head in my hands and “nuzzle the muzzle.”
When I read the Pet Loss Comfort section I feel Jake leaping out from the pages. Going through all the photos, and recalling all our adventures together, brings me a deep sense of peace.

In the next few blogs I’d like to share some of my thoughts from those pet loss pages, with the hope that they may provide comfort...or at least a soft and safe place to rest...for anyone who is struggling with the pain of losing an animal.
Next: Losing my forever dog
Chris

1 comment:

Ingrid King said...

What a beautiful site - just looking at it brings a sense of peace and comfort. Will add this to my site as a link.