Friday, September 18, 2009

A picture is worth 1000 words...and a few tears

So there I was, visiting some online sites that cater to animal lovers. I stopped at retail places, rescue sites, social groups – anything that promised to bring a smile to a critter lover’s face.

And then I came to a screeching halt.

There he was – my beloved angel dog, Jake, sitting proudly next to a man I didn’t recognize. The picture took my breath away. Even though I was with Jake when he left this earthly life, for a fraction of a second I thought this WAS Jake!

It was more than a resemblance – this dog looked like a Jake clone! All the memories of our years together, and the pain of his leaving, came rushing back. It was overwhelming.

I closed down the computer, but it took awhile before I felt grounded. The next day I tried to re-create my steps and find that photograph again, but wasn’t able to.

Maybe I was meant to find that picture...in that moment…and for ONLY that moment. Perhaps that was a message from my dear boy, letting me know he’s happy and loved wherever he is, for I know that is true.

To read more about Jake visit
http://www.lightheartedpress.com/jake.htm.

CHRIS
www.lightheartedpress.com

No comments: