Sunday, November 09, 2008

Chicken Soup for the Soul - read our story!

I just learned that our story, “Jake and the Kittens,” is included in the new book Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving our Cats.

The story originally appeared in Chicken Soup for the Cat & Dog Lover’s Soul, but their new book includes their top 101 favorite cat stories – and ours is one of them!

You’ve heard me talk about my wonderful dog, Jake, and about my dear cats Dickens, Pippen, Molly & Star. But did you know that it was Jake who found the kitties under the deck and brought them into my life?


Jake – who had previously tried to destroy anything of the feline persuasion - had made his feelings about cats clear to me from the very beginning: they were best served on a plate, with a side order of fries!

But when he discovered the 4 week old kitten in the yard, it's infected eyes glued shut, and sat there mesmerized by the tiny creature, I didn’t know how all of our lives would be transformed by what happened next.


Look for Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving our Cats online at Amazon.com, bn.com and at other online bookstores.

Here’s to cats…and to one very special dog.

Chris

No comments: