Thursday, May 08, 2008

Squirrel Proof - I Think Not!

I don’t mind feeding the squirrels. In fact, I LIKE to feed them! But they just don’t seem to understand that some of the bird seed I put in the feeders is actually intended for the birds!

As you can see in these pictures, many of the “squirrel-proof” feeders I’ve bought over the years have fallen short of their claims. This little guy just hangs upside down and feasts to his heart’s content, reaching over whenever he needs more seeds. Now THAT’S impressive.

It’s taken some time, but I think we’ve finally come to a peaceful arrangement where all the creatures who visit the yard get some food and water. A few of the feeders are “birds-only,” but several are equal opportunity stations. All are welcome. I like that.

Chris

No comments: