Saturday, February 02, 2008

Do You Believe in Ghost Cats?


Do you believe in ghosts? How about ghost cats? If you’re not sure, just read the following story, which was sent to me by Christine Merrill of Baltimore, Md:

It was May 6th or 7th, 2005. I was spending the night at my sister's house before her exploratory operation at some hospital in Mclean, Va.

The night before, or early evening, when the sun was still shining light shafts through the windows, I was talking to Eleanor in the kitchen. She was folding her arms in front of her as she stood in the doorway, which lead out to the living room. All of a sudden, I saw a black and white cat jump up the one stair in the sunken living room right past my sister's elbow.
I said, "Oh, I see you got a new cat!"

She said no, she had the same four rescues. Then she smiled funny and said for me to follow her. Her husband and a couple of the step children were in the kitchen and I thought maybe she had indeed adopted a new cat and didn't want them to know about it!

"What did this cat look like?"

I said, "He was half black and half white, medium to large sized. Handsome." She looked surprised. I exclaimed, "What, what?"


She then told me when she was packing up in the hotel room in London a few days prior (she was on a book tour) she turned around and all of a sudden this black and white cat was just sitting there at the bathroom door looking up at her!

She thought, "Oh, that is the Hotel cat. No wait, there is no hotel cat! And this is the 15th floor!"

So we concluded it was a 'ghost cat' who had followed her home from England. Nice cat. Must have been someone's pet? Our pet (in the future or past?) Don't know. She told me she just saw a brown cat in their kitchen two weeks ago just walking by and disappearing. Her three cats,
now, are not brown!

So....do YOU believe in ghost cats?

Chris

No comments: