Sunday, October 15, 2006

Letter to the Universe: This isn't funny anymore!

Six weeks have passed, and I’ve come to the conclusion that the universe has a fabulous sense of humor!

A week after my last entry – you remember, when I was feeling GOOD – I had an unexpected visit from that nasty food poisoning that went around the country. I missed an important theater event that I’d been looking forward to, but I made it through the nasty stuff – or so I thought.

A week later, ongoing problems led me to a 4:00 a.m. emergency room visit, where complications from the food poisoning caused a long night of some serious pain. Three days later I was back in the same hospital, having hand surgery – at least THAT had been scheduled. The surgery was to correct a minor problem in my right hand – my LEASH hand, as I told everyone.

So, things seem to be healing and I’m back in business. However, I’d like to respectfully let the universe know that while I appreciate a good joke as much as the next person, the only thing I hope that remains on the “Universal Chris Davis To Do List" is to light the way as I continue on my journey toward a new canine companion....because I'm ready.

Still smiling,

Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

I just stumbled accross your blog. It sure sounds like you've had a rough year. Losing a person or animal you love is never easy.
I am so sorry for your losses.
Glad to hear you have cats to keep you company.

I checked out your web page for your books. They look delightful!

I have written a story about feral cats, aimed at kids. Just not sure what to do with it now.

I hope the universe gives you a much deserved break real soon.